Monday, December 20, 2010

Sophia is ONE!

The year went by so fast... and now our little angel is learning how to walk... :)

First birthdays are really for the adults I think... to congratulate themselves for making it through the first year! We invited close friends and family... this was special to me so I decided to make everything on my own (except the food)... from the invitations to decorations... she had a lady bug theme in pink, orange and green for her party (I got the idea online)...

It was quite difficult to be the photographer while hosting the party so I tried to capture as much as I could before everyone arrived :)

I made the invitations in three flavors...





The cake was a hit! Thank you Olga from polkadots cupcake factory, it looked awesome AND was delicious! :)


I did the birthday sign from scrapbooking material... painted the chipboard letters black and embellished them with sticker flowers... I also painted the wood ladybug at the center... then hung each letter with either pink, orange and green ribbon on black ribbon...



I hung these tags on each balloon to give it a more personal touch... the stickers are from Etsy...



These took the longest to make... You can't really see the true colors here but they are hot pink and orange... I hung these on the dining room chandelier...


I made this wreath in pink and orange and bought a letter "S" at hobby lobby to hang in the middle...


I put these stickers on the cups :)



The plasticware were wrapped in orange napkins and tied with either pink or green ribbon...


Another delicious dessert from polkadots cupcake factory... I added these cupcake toppers...



We had food from Jason's deli - it was GOOD!

Veggie pinwheels filled with herb and veggie cream cheese and organic spinach served with fresh-made salsa AND Mediterranean pinwheels with oven roasted turkey breast, roasted red pepper hummus, cucumbers, purple onions, kalamata olives and organic field greens.


Fresh fruit and cheese tray


Mini croissants - all butter, multigrain croissant sandwiches made with lettuce and tomato and filled with an assortment of oven roasted turkey breast, smoked turkey breast, premium ham, roast beef, our fresh-made tuna salad & chicken salad with almonds and pineapple.


I made these simple flower arrangements to add color to the table setting...


Too bad the lighting in the room was not bright enough to show the true colors of the decorations...


To finish off the fun party, I gave these lady bug cookies to the kids with a balloon before they headed home... cookies are from polkadots as well... :)


The party hat is from party city and I put a lady bug sticker on there to go with the theme... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little angel! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment